The City of Polk City is pleased to announce a new program for City residents to offer optional repair service plans available through HomeServe USA. The plans offered provide affordable protection from the cost and inconvenience of household plumbing repairs, including water service line leaks, sewer line blockages or breaks and in-home plumbing issues.
City residents are sometimes frustrated when they discover a leaking or blocked service line and then learn that this piping is their responsibility to fix. Many are also unaware that these types of repairs are not covered by basic homeowner’s insurance policies. The City recognized that one way it could help is to offer an optional service program that would help residents faced with this type of costly repair.
The City of Polk City and HomeServe have worked together in creating this program and the communication materials to ensure the program is worthy of Polk City's endorsement. All the marketing, customer service and repairs using local contractors are paid for and managed entirely by HomeServe.
What you need to know:
- Polk City residents will receive mailings from time to time to inform them about the optional repair service plans available through HomeServe.
- HomeServe plan holders have access to a Repair Hotline that is accessible 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and bring local, licensed, qualified and insured contractors to their home for repairs, which are guaranteed against defects in materials and workmanship for one year.
- The Water Service Line Coverage is available now for $6.49 per month, Sewer/Septic Line Coverage for $9.99 per month and Interior Plumbing and Drainage System Coverage for $10.99 per month.
- HomeServe works with municipal and utility providers around the country to offer programs just like here in Polk City. They service over 2 million homeowners around the US, including more than 60,000 in Iowa.
- Polk City residents can learn more about these optional plans as well as HomeServe by visiting the website www.IAServicePlans.com or calling HomeServe toll-free at 1-844-622-7062 for more information.